So I was hanging out at the thrift store and saw the great potential in this chair that apparently no one else saw. I have never done upholstery in stripes because it leaves very little room for error. For a first try I didn’t do too bad. I bought a used upholstery machine that is still at my girlfriends house. Every time I start to get it something happens-flu/bronchitis/sinus infection for weeks, rain, husband has to work. So I got impatient and tried to do it on my regular machine. I will be taking it apart again and fixing the crooked stripe, yeah I see it. The concept is still fabulous I think. For now it resides in my dining room because I’m not putting it up for sale until that’s fixed but I thought I’d share it with y’all before then.
It still looks a ton better than it did at the thrift store.
She has so much more style now. I did something I rarely do with wood furniture, I spray painted it…..oh the horror! Call the furniture paint manufacturers and turn me in to the DIY police. I did spray it with primer first so it would not turn out like a cheap spray paint job.
Tried to decide what fabric and paint to use. So many choices!!
I tried to use some Valspar glaze but since I tried Fusion antiquing tough coat I am spoiled. SO I put a coat of the good stuff on the spray paint. The sky did not fall in and all was still well with the world. I think it turned out pretty stinkin’ cute.
I have loads of stuff waiting in my hoard to be next. I got the perfect table for a redo to go with some chairs I have been saving for the perfect piece.
It looks awful right now but I couldn’t resist. You can see the chairs in the background. Perfectly chippy yellow chairs…..ohhhh its gonna be cute!! stay tuned. Until next time…..